Dear Wisconsin Montessori School Leaders:
The WMA Annual Conference is on November 11th, 2017 at Isthmus Montessori School in Madison. WI. Our board planning committee is seeking presenters for the conference. Please encourage your Montessori teachers to share their best Montessori practices by submitting a proposal to present at the conference.
Our keynote speaker is Crystal Dahlmeier, MEd, will open the conference on Saturday morning. Crystal Dahlmeier is Program Director Emerita at Greater Cincinnati Center for Montessori Education where she continues to teach courses and lead the Practicum Seminar. She received her MEd. in Montessori Education from Xavier University, where she was Lead Teacher and Principal of the Lab School for many years. She was also Adjunct Lecturer in both the Montessori and Early Childhood Program there, teaching both graduate and undergraduate courses. She has taught and presented workshops and seminars in England, Australia, China and South Korea, and was a keynote speaker in London for the Montessori Schools Association National Conference. Crystal served as the Teacher’s Section Chair on the AMS Board of Education, and was Associate Executive Director for Programs at Children, Inc. for ten years. She is a frequent presenter at both local and national Montessori conferences.
The topic, “Head, Hands and Heart: Transformation of the Child and the Teacher”” is very broad so we will be accepting all types of presenters who will focus on Montessori education. We also plan to hold two administrator’s breakouts for beginning and seasoned Montessori leaders. If one of you would be willing to lead one of these breakouts, please fill out “Call for Presenters” form found on the WMA website and we will strongly consider your application as I know you have a tremendous amount of information to share.
Thanks for supporting WMA.
WMA Executive Director
CALL FOR PRESENTERS
WMA INVITES YOU TO SUBMIT A WORKSHOP
The 2017 Annual WMA Conference
Conference Theme: “: Head, Hands and Heart: Transformation of the Child and the Teacher”
WHEN: SATURDAY, November 11, 2017 in Madison, WI
Suggested topics for proposals related to theme:
- Grace and Courtesy
- Social Justice
- Character Education
- Cosmic Education and Interdependence
- Peace Education
- Service Learning
- Connection to Nature
- Authenticity in Teaching
- Normalization and Deviation
- Infant Toddler
- Montessori Extensions and Refresher Presentations
Presenters should submit workshop proposals by email to Phil Dosmann @ firstname.lastname@example.org by May 15, 2017.
- WMA offers presenters free registration for the conference. There is no other stipend offered for travel or lodging or meals at this time.
- Each workshop time allotment is 1 hour and 15 minutes long. Presenters are encouraged to reserve 5-10 minutes of that time for questions.
- Please submit one form for each separate workshop proposal. We will contact presenters whose submissions have been accepted via email by June 1, 2017.
Full Name & Job Title:_______________________________________________
School Name/District or Organization (if applicable):_______________________ ________________________________________________________________
Telephone: (day)____________________ (evening)_______________________
Workshop Proposal Information:
Age levels or audience workshop is geared for (circle all that apply):
Please write 3-4 descriptive sentences letting participants know why they should attend this session and what they can expect to walk away with (attach another sheet if needed):_____________________
- Will this be a (circle one) HANDS-ON WORKSHOP or INFORMATIVE WORKSHOP?
- What technology will you need to present the information? ________________________________________________
- Do you need someone to run the technology for you (circle)? Yes or No
- Will you have a handout (circle)? Yes or No (If yes, please prepare 40 copies) Note: Alternatively, you can collect email addresses from participants & distribute electronically following the conference.
- Will you allow us to videotape the session for our archives (circle)? Yes or No
- Have you presented this information elsewhere (circle)? Yes or No If Yes, where and when: ____________________________
- Would you be interested in presenting during multiple sessions (circle)? Yes or No
- Are you willing to facilitate a panel discussion (circle)? Yes or No
- Additional information: ___________________________________